posted March 14, 2023
Join the amazing team at El Chorro - Arizona's most iconic dining destination for restaurant and banquet experiences! Now part of Classic Hotels & Resorts, we offer a HEARTfelt workplace and terrific benefits, as well as a passionate family of talented associates!
Summary of Position:
The Food Runner is responsible for assisting in the service/delivery of food and/or beverages; performed in a fun, friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner resulting in a high level of guest satisfaction.
This is a PM shift which must include weekend availability. Part time positions available as well!
- Quickly clear dirty table settings and prepare table for resetting. Promptly and consistently reset all service ware as prescribed.
- Maintain stock and cleanliness of station for all meal periods with necessary equipment including silverware, linen and condiments.
- Serve guests with beverages, breads and butter to begin their dining experience and replenish as necessary.
- Transport all dirty tableware from dining room to dish washing area for proper cleaning.
Education: NA / High School Graduate preferred
Certificates or Licenses: Current Maricopa County Food Service Worker Card and Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification
Experience: Experience preferred but willing to train
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings, service ware, and menu items
- Ability to transport large trays of drinks through a crowded lounge
- Ability to operate beverage and toast equipment
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language (preferred)
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at El Chorro.
El Chorro’s leaders and associates believe each guest (internal and external) should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at El Chorro, associates must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.