posted March 18, 2023
Banquet Set-up (AM)
Summary of Position:
The Houseperson/Set-up position is responsible for manually setting up, breaking down, and servicing all meeting rooms and food functions in accordance with Arizona Grand Resort’s high standard of quality.
- Receive all freight and distribute to clients as needed.
- Physically set-up, and break down function spaces.
- Maintain, refresh and clean all function space after use.
- Execute all ballroom equipment and maintenance repair needs.
- Assure outdoor function space is maintained.
- Assist with food and beverage sets, as needed.
- Deliver equipment to outlets.
- Other supportive functions as determined by the Head Houseperson, Banquet Managers and Banquet Director.
- Education:High School Diploma preferred.
- Experience: Prior hospitality experience preferred.
- Certificates or Licenses:N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to lift 100+ pounds for extended periods of time.
- Ability to push and pull up to 500 pounds.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively. reading and writing, using the English language to communicate with other employees and guests.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.