posted March 6, 2023
Public Space Attendant Part-time
High Country Motor Lodge, an ALL NEW Boutique Retreat in the HEART of Flagstaff is seeking enthusiastic applicants to provide a HEARTfelt hospitality experience, care for and cultivate Classic Hotels & Resorts most unique destination!
Summary of Position:
The Public Area Attendant is responsible for providing warm, welcoming, genuine, efficient, resourceful and HEARTfelt care while assuring cleanliness of lodge lobby, guest restrooms, public walkways, ashtrays, front entrance, as well as assisting Housekeeping Supervisor and Room Attendants in order to maintain company standards of quality.
Thoroughly dust all furniture, pictures and accessories in public areas; insure attention to “look book” to consistently keep all mentioned in place
In public restrooms, thoroughly clean sinks, toilets, urinals, mirrors, tiles, counters, walls, stalls, vents, and/or floors with cleaning agents, adhering to cleaning procedures and instructions for use of cleaning agents; replace all paper products as needed
Thoroughly clean and polish all metal surfaces, applying pressure in repeated motion.
Clean ashtrays and empty trash in all outdoor public areas
Help monitor and remove trash, glasses and waste from all public areas (lobbies/walkways/outdoor seating areas/pools)
Act as a Guide as you Respond to guest questions, providing guest assistance, directions and information as requested.
Report all suspicious persons or activities, hazardous conditions, etc. to the AGM, Front Desk or GM.
Provide instruction and/or guidance for guests and associates to safely exit in fire or other emergency situations.
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent highly preferred required.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Experience: A minimum of six months in a labor, janitorial or caretaking role.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of stain removal and chemical cleaning agents and operation of different types of equipment
• Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push or pull heavy equipment, and stand for extended periods of time. Lifting may include equipment or furniture weighing up to 100 lbs
• Ability to comprehend and follow instructions from supervisor or Department Head(s)
• Ability to walk/stand for long periods of time
• Ability to memorize, behave, perform and adhere to High Country Motor Lodge’s HEARTfelt Workplace Culture, Policies & Procedures.
In addition, ability to comprehend the English language sufficient to understand and communicate information for reasons such as safety and security, product safety labels and emergency instructions
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language (preferred)
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at High Country Motor Lodge.
High Country Motor Lodge Leaders and Guides believe each guest (internal and external) should be treated with respect, kindness and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at High Country Motor Lodge, Guides must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of kindness and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic Guides treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.