- Spend majority of shift on foot patrol, walking, climbing stairs of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions.
- Communicate using cell phone and two-way radio (with earpiece).
- Maintain order in the resort focusing on the welfare of the guests and associates.
- Respond quickly to emergency conditions such as fire, safety hazards, and threats to life and/or property.
- Handle undesired conduct, violations of hotel policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, employees, patrons and property.
- Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority.
- Observe the CCTV monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly.
- Memorize and monitor life safety systems installed on property including layout of entire building, alarm pull stations, location of fire extinguisher and sprinklers.
- Check employee packages as they exit to ensure that food/property is not removed without permission.
- Screen persons at various entrances to ensure they are authorized guests.
- Store and record lost and found items. Research and respond to inquiries from guests concerning status of items, mailing out claimed items to their owner.
- Provide accurate information to inquirers for directions, hours of operation, etc.
- Escort guests and employees as required to parking lots and their destinations.
- Assist guests with door lock problems using moderately complex hand-held electronic apparatus.
- Conduct lengthy surveillance of suspicious persons and/or remote parking areas of the property.
- Assist with key control and other security supportive functions as directed by Security Management.
- Required to prepare and distribute an end of shift report to the Director of Security after every shift.
- Communicate and coordinate with local police and fire departments to ensure timely response to emergencies in conjunction with Security Officers needing additional assistance from public service agencies.
- Comply with the Arizona Grand Resort HEARTfelt culture (Vision, Values & Standards) of conduct as set forth in the resort communications.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Area Dir, of Security, Resort Management and/or the General Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Prior customer service experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: National EMT Certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain consistency, diplomacy and tact in difficult or challenging situations.
- Ability to make independent decision.
- Knowledge of the layout of the building, function rooms, and general information about the city and surrounding areas.
- Ability to visually detect signs of an emergency.
- Ability to follow written or verbal instructions.
- Ability to climb stairs at a rapid pace.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language in order to properly document incidents and activities utilizing Perspective Software.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate, specific grooming standards are available for review in Human Resources.
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.