posted March 15, 2023
Pastry Cook (AM)
Join the talented culinary team at El Chorro...Arizona's most iconic dining and event destination! Recently purchased by Classic Hotels & Resorts, you can do what you love and love where you work!
Summary of Position:
The Pastry Cook AM is responsible for producing pastry products, fabricating pastry stock, and assisting with plate-ups and buffet preparation.
- Be adept at the production of basic mixtures, recipes and products through complex methods of desserts and pastry production.
- Prepare properly and consistently such items as creams, icings, mousses, sauces, fillings, dough’s and batters with little or no supervision.
- Fabricate or assemble most cakes for stock and production with some higher finishing work capabilities.
- Produce a wide variety of pastries, cookies, hot and cold desserts.
- Decorate with chocolate.
- Prepare all products ensuring optimal quality and visually appealing products.
- Properly store, package and handle all bakery products with regard to maintaining optimal quality.
- Mark, date and rotate all bakery products according to existing standards.
- Maintain production and cleaning schedules.
- Work with all staff and packers to help properly organize, condense and package bakery products prepared for banquets and also off property deliveries.
- And perform all other duties as assigned by the Executive Chef, and other Culinary Leaders
Education: High school diploma or graduation equivalent required
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card
Experience: One to two years of pastry experience in a similar size operation required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of baking and pastry production
• Ability to work in confined spaces at extreme temperatures
• Ability to grasp, lift, carry, move and/or push products up to 200 pounds.
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language (preferred)
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at El Chorro.
El Chorro’s leaders and associates believe each guest (internal and external) should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at El Chorro, associates must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.