posted March 17, 2023
Summary of Position:
The Payroll Assistant works hand in hand with Payroll Manager to successfully and thoroughly execute payroll operations on a daily basis. Primary roles include daily data entry, entering payroll information into our software, auditing new hire information in our system, audit changes made by Human Resources, garnish wages when necessary, help to ensure that payroll is processed on time, and various payroll projects as assigned by the Payroll Manager. Ensure that we continue to stay in compliance with employment laws.
- Gathering, examine, verify and edit timecards to ensure their accuracy and validity.
- Keep up with tip reports and other payroll related spreadsheets to ensure they are in balance and that the correct information is listed.
- Prepare documentation and process vacation requests and paid sick leave requests.
- Assist with daily labor reports.
- Assist with monthly internal audits and assist with audits performed by outside auditors.
- Ensure compensation for overtime work is calculated at the appropriate rate.
- Confirm that legally-mandated and optional deductions have been processed correctly.
- Help to prepare and distribute hard copy or electronic paychecks.
- Performing all tasks well before the payroll is ran to ensure that staff members are compensated accurately and timely.
- Addressing queries about payroll-related issues.
- Working to resolve discrepancies in payments as a matter of urgency.
- Comply with the Arizona Grand Resort HEARTfelt culture (Vision, Values & Standards) of conduct as set forth in the resort communications.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Payroll Manager, Assistant Controller, Area Director of Finance, VP of Finance and the General Manager.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred.
- Experience: Previous hospitality experience preferred. Skill in the use of 10-key calculator by touch. Need general knowledge of Windows environment. Moderate knowledge of Excel is necessary.
- Certificates or Licenses: No special licenses required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Payroll processing or human resources experience and familiarity with various administrative software programs, including ADP HR, Microsoft Outlook, and invoicing applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with vendors and fellow employees.
- Ability to follow instructions and meet deadlines.
- Ability to read English and perform simple math.
- Ability to use the ten key. Data entry speed is extremely important.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a Windows based system. Knowledge of Excel necessary.
- Behaves ethically and is extremely confidential with all work related information and matters.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four-diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)