posted May 10, 2023
Assistant General Manager
Provide leadership, support and HEARTfelt service to our guests and associates at High Country Motor Lodge - Wilder in every direction - the newest and most unique boutique property in Flagstaff & part of the Classic Hotels & Resorts Family! Rooms & F&B leadership experience a must!
Summary of Position:
The Assistant General Manager will provide overall support to the General Manager, while providing hands-on leadership and oversight of all operations, with a heavy focus on Rooms & F&B operations. The Assistant General Manager will also play a key role in fostering a culture of HEARTfelt service, along with exceptional guest and associate experiences. Key focus areas for this position are cleanliness (Housekeeping), guest service (Front Desk), F&B (General Store / Lobby Bar), amenities (Nordic Spa Experience), programming (entertainment and special events), general orderliness of lodge and staff presentation, and associate payroll.
- Manage the overall operations as described above, including Housekeeping, Front Desk, F&B programming, working with corporate leaders and ownership, and most importantly, an exceptional focus on the guest and associate experience.
- Consistently hold all staff accountable to the same level of excellence, while building up team members and departments overall.
- Partner in the administrative, Human Resources and financial responsibilities, including but not limited to interviewing, onboarding, hiring, training, interdepartmental communication, a variety of accounting related tasks, ensuring that they are in turn managing their respective departments effectively, consistently, and efficiently.
- Hiring, training, scheduling, and developing associates and management; work closely with Classic / HR support
- Work with remote sales team to ensure optimal experience for all groups, corporate and conference services.
- Quality control: Included by not limited to Room Inspections, Public Area Cleanliness, Stand Ups and Shift Changes
- Empower team and self to handle difficult guest situations and guest challenges to ensure satisfactory results for all concerned.
- Other tasks as assigned by the General Manager, as well as Classic Hotels & Resorts Leaders & Ownership.
Education: College degree preferred but not required
Certificates or Licenses: Food Handler’s Card / Alcohol Management Certification
Experience: Prior hotel management experience required, Housekeeping and Guest Services preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to train and manage with strong leadership skills. Creates a positive working environment.
Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the team and guest.
Ability to memorize and perform Classic expectations, AAA 4 diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
Strong organizational skills and time management
Knowledge of Property Management systems
Knowledge of Food & Beverage
Knowledge of Management Reporting tools
Bilingual in Spanish a plus
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language (preferred)
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four-diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at High Country Motor Lodge.
High Country Motor Lodge Leaders and Guides believe each guest (internal and external) should be treated with respect, kindness and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at High Country Motor Lodge, Guides must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of kindness and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward-thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic Guides treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.