posted May 15, 2023
Assistant Director of Finance
The Assistant Director of Finance assists the Area Director of Finance in overseeing and directing the financial and accounting activities of the resort, along with other hotel properties. Is responsible for safeguarding hotel assets; preparing financial reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Uniform System of Accounts; reconciling Balance Sheet accounts; and analyzing revenues and costs in support of profit maximization objectives. Actively engage and effectively collaborate with the Area Director of Finance and Accounting Managers in the overall leadership of the Finance Department to assist with training, supervising, performance and support of accounting responsibilities
- Assist the Area Director of Finance with the accurate accounting and timely reporting of financial data for all designated reporting entities to department heads, hotel management, corporate office, and owners in accordance with GAAP, Uniform System of Accounts currently existing and established policies and procedures. (40%)
- Oversee the timely completion of all Balance Sheet account reconciliations for all assigned properties, with the assistance of the Accounting Managers. (20%)
- Assist the Area Director of Finance with cash management responsibilities for the properties, including preparation of weekly reporting to the CFO of Grossman Company Properties. (10%)
- Assist as directed by the Vice President of Finance and Area Director of Finance with the Excel platform development, data flow and processing in annual budgeting and monthly forecasting requirements for all the properties. (10%)
- Provide assistance and support in the training, performance and career development of other Finance team members as directed by the Area Director of Finance. (5%)
- Assist the Area Director of Finance in ensuring that all properties are in compliance and current with all licensing requirements, contracts, standard operating procedures, corporate policies and governmental rules and regulations. Report irregularities and non-compliant situations to the Vice-president of Finance in a timely manner. (5%)
- Assist the Vice President of Finance and Area Director of Finance in analyzing revenues and costs in support of profit maximization objectives for all properties, as directed or on a project basis. (5%)
- Comply with the Arizona Grand Resort HEARTfelt culture (Vision, Values & Standards) of conduct as set forth in the resort communications. Other projects and responsibilities as directed and assigned. (5%)
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the Area Director of Finance based upon the particular requirements of the resort.
- Attend departmental meetings to keep apprised of other operations and provide input to enhance the department’s operation.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the VP of Finance, Area Director of Finance or the Corporate Office.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Experience: Must have 5-10 years’ experience in hospitality accounting, with full closing cycle responsibility (3-5 years in a managerial role).
Certificates or Licenses: None
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong technical knowledge of general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll functions.
- Ability to utilize computer software and hardware required. Experience with SMS/Host Property Management and Sage/MAS software preferred.
- Must be a team builder who has a history of attracting, retaining and motivating staff.
- Excellent in verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to listen, effectively accomplish task, and speak clearly.
- Behaves ethically.
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to job.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four-diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
The Arizona Grand Resort’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create memorable experiences, inviting our guests to return. In order to be successful at Arizona Grand Resort, team members must share both our vision and our values. This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly and naturally grand team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.