posted May 15, 2023
Front Desk Supervisor
Be part of an innovative, hardworking, customer focus team by leading with HEART, focus and success!
Summary of Position:
The Front Office Supervisor assists in management of daily Front Office operations by overseeing and supporting the Front office team. They are responsible for providing welcoming, friendly, efficient, resourceful and hospitable service at the front desk, including check in/out and guest resolution
- Supervise the efficient operations of reception including check in/out procedures
- Support team members in handling guest requests and enquires to ensure a positive outcome is achieved
- Ensure that both the Front Office Manager and Reception Supervisors are kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from Guests and/or other departments
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service at all times
- Advise team of any special events or VIP Guests in the hotel for events or for general accommodations
- Understand thoroughly all hotel room categories, room rates, packages, promotions and other general product knowledge necessary to perform daily duties
- Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the Front Office Team with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Maximize room occupancy and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
- Ensure Team Members have a current knowledge of all room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, local area and other general product knowledge necessary to perform their duties
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire Team Members to exceed standards
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships with Team Members
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer/property management system, confirming pertinent information to a guest’s reservation and making necessary changes.
- Verify and swipe credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods and verifying a photo ID at check-in.
- Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank.
- Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listening attentively to understand requests
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication.
- Close guest accounts at the time of check out ensuring the guest’s stay was enjoyable, resolving issues as necessary
- Supervise Front Office Agents to ensure exceptional service, and that policies and procedures are being followed correctly
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent required; college education highly preferred
Experience: Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to train and supervise with strong leadership skills
- Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the team and guest.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Ability to use a moderately complex computer system and troubleshoot software problems
- Ability to utilize a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Must type a minimum of 15 WPM
- Behaves with HEART: Helpful Ethical Attentive Resourceful Thankful
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott's leaders and employees believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create HEARTfelt experiences…Beyond Expectations, warmly and genuinely inviting our guests to return. In order to be successful at The Scott, employees must share both our vision and our values. This includes possessing and demonstrating the highest level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly, enthusiastic and empowered employees treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.