posted May 16, 2023
Cafeteria Attendant - Three Palms Café
Join our wonderful team as Cafeteria Attendant for $16.00 per hour!
Summary of Position:
The Cafeteria Attendant is responsible for the preparation and stocking of the salad bar and serving of all hot items while maintaining quality standards set by the Resort.
- Prepare all items on prep list following standard procedure or as otherwise told by supervisor
- Inspect all quality of food when working on prep list and service line, while checking portion control, weights and counts prior and during service.
- Maintain food items at correct temperatures and maintain high quality at all times.
- Follow all storage procedures; when taking food out of walk-in/dry storage and when returning food to walk-in/ dry storage.
- Always keep walk-in, prep area and equipment up to Health Department and Resort standards.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area at all times.
- Maintain a pleasant and helpful demeanor at all times while serving resort employees.
- Assist in other areas of Banquet Kitchen as necessary.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Education: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination education training or experience that provides the required skills and abilities.
Experience: One year cooking and prep work experience required. Basic working knowledge of cold food preparation and sanitation standards required.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker Card
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to clean with abrasive kitchen cleansers.
- Basic math skills necessary to understand and implement recipes and measurements.
- Good hand/eye coordination needed to use all kitchen equipment (i.e. choppers, graters, mixers, etc.)
- Sufficient manual dexterity needed to work with knives, spatulas, etc.
- Ability to reach and place items on hot lines
- Ability to work standing up in a confined area for long periods in order to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stoop, grasp, lift and or carry or otherwise move or push goods on a handcart weighting a max of 200 lbs.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language to communicate with other employees and guests.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four-diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).