*** $250 HIRING BONUS AFTER 90 DAYS IF HIRED BY 4/30/2023 ***
Summary of Position:
The Security Officer must perform protective and enforcement functions in a HEARTfelt and restrained manner to maintain a safe and secure environment. These functions include emergencies, undesired guests or conduct, disturbances and threats to life and property.
- Spend majority of shift on foot patrol, walking, climbing stairs of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions.
- Communicate using provided tools (ie-MOD phone/radio)
- Maintain order in the hotel focusing on the welfare of the guests and associates
- Respond quickly to emergency conditions such as fire, safety hazards, and threats to life and/or property
- Handle undesired conduct, violations of hotel policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, employees, patrons and property.
- Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority.
- When needed, observe the CCTV monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly.
- Memorize and monitor life safety systems installed on property including layout of entire building, alarm pull stations, location of fire extinguisher and sprinklers
- Periodically check employee packages as they exit to ensure no food or property is being removed.
- Screen persons entering entrances for purpose and authorization.
- Receive record and store lost and found items. Research and respond to inquiries from guests concerning status of items, mailing out claimed items to their owner
- Provide accurate information to inquirers for directions, hours of operation, etc.
- Escort guests and employees as required to parking lots
- Assist guests with door lock problems using moderately complex hand-held electronic apparatus.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Area Director of Security, the Security Supervisor(s), and/or TSR GM, DOR, DOE, or FO Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Prior law enforcement, security experience or military experience preferred. Must be at least 19 years of age.
Certificates or Licenses: Valid Driver’s License with a clean motor vehicle record. National EMT certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain consistency, diplomacy and tact in difficult or challenging situations
- Ability to make independent decision
- Knowledge of the layout of the building, function rooms, and general information about the city and surrounding areas.
- Ability to visually detect signs of an emergency
- Ability to follow written or verbal instructions
- Ability to climb stairs at a rapid pace
- Behaves ethically
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to job
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language in order to properly document incidents and activities utilizing Perspective Software.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
- Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott Resort & Spa, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.