posted May 19, 2023
Sous Chef - Aunt Chiladas
Summary of Position:
The Aunt Chilada’s Sous Chef will train, supervise and work with all kitchen staff in order to prepare, cook and present food according to hotel standard recipes in order to create high-end quality food products.
- Assign, in detail, specific duties to all employees under supervision for efficient operation of kitchen.
- Select, train and supervise kitchen staff in the proper preparation of menu items.
- Schedule culinary staff so that proper coverage is maintained while keeping payroll costs in line.
- Ensure proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotation of food products to comply with health department regulations.
- Adhere to control procedures for cost and quality.
- Meet with the County Health Inspector in the absence of the Aunt Chilada’s Chef de Cuisine.
- Comply with the Arizona Grand Resort HEARTfelt culture (Vision, Values & Standards) of conduct as set forth in the resort communications.
- In addition, perform all other duties as assigned by the Aunt Chilada’s Chef de Cuisine, Area Executive Chef and/or the General Manager.
- Supervise daily cleaning of walk-in boxes for safety reasons.
- Maintain vacation schedule for proper staffing.
- Reports any equipment in need of repair immediately to the Chef de Cuisine and Property Operations for repair.
- Performs other duties as requested, such as V.I.P. parties and staff meetings.
Education: Any combination of education or experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred. Culinary or Apprenticeship program preferred.
Experience: Three (3) years supervisory experience. Meat and fish fabrication knowledge, saucier experience, scheduling, and ordering knowledge. Banquet experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Current Maricopa County Food Handler Card/Certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Through knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to comprehend and communicate job functions.
- Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery.
- Ability to stand in order to fulfill essential functions.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 200 lbs. on a continuous schedule.
- Behaves ethically
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to job
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.