posted May 24, 2023
High Country Motor Lodge, Classic's newest Boutique Retreat in the HEART of Flagstaff is accepting enthusiastic applicants for this new and exciting role, as we seek HEARTfelt hospitality professionals to perform, care for and cultivate Classic Hotels & Resorts most unique destination!
Summary of Position:
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for providing warm, welcoming, genuine, efficient, resourceful and HEARTfelt care for the overall success of all HCML Food and Beverage outlets, including The General Store, the bar and other F&B offerings, in support of the Kitchen Supervisor, F&B Manager, Assistant General Manager and General Manager. Priorities and responsibilities for this individual may include but not limited to involvement in hiring, service & standards training, overall customer experience, purchasing, quality assurance, driving revenue, and labor scheduling.
- Help Interview, select, train, coach and hold accountable all F&B associates for HEARTfelt service and performance, adhering to a high level of standards, and efficient operation of the outlets
- Assist in driving revenues through training, consistency, attention to detail, upselling and recognition programs
- Organize and conduct pre-shift meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count, resort information, and menu highlights and changes
- Ensure daily floor coverage, support and assist in guest satisfaction
- Interact positively with customers promoting resort facilities and services
- Resolve problems BEyond expectations of involved parties.
- Work closely with the Kitchen Supervisor, F&B Manager and other leaders to expedite service, hold daily pre-shift meetings, communicate with F&B associates, and service special events in the Lodge.
- Maintain rapport with all departments and attend relevant meetings.
- Move through outlets and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met.
- Verify temperatures, ensure appearance standards, and verify preparation methods are to look book standards.
- Work closely with AGM/GM to ensure all staff is trained in food safety processes.
- Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency
- Talk to guests on the floor to ensure quality of food and service standards are met and exceeded
- Develop relationships to create guest loyalty and positive GSS scoring.
- Utilize POS to accurately record revenue, place orders, run reports and communicate effectively.
- Ensure maintenance of equipment by calling for repairs and training staff on proper use.
- Provide clean and safe work environment by ensuring the shift opening and closing responsibilities are completed.
- Maintain cleanliness of all outlets and monitor cleanliness during the operation of these outlets.
- Perform general cleaning tasks
- Maintain inventory levels in storage area
- Report equipment or guest challenges to AGM/GM
- Assist guests with questions
- Other tasks as assigned by the F&B Lead, AGM, and/or the GM.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Prior Food & Beverage experience required; supervisory experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker Card and Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic food and beverage preparations, including service of coffee/bar beverages.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guests checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, and understand portion size
- Ability to remember, recite and promote a variety of menu items
- Ability to operate a keyboard and point of sale procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check.
- Ability to memorize and perform HEARTfelt Vision, Values and Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Ability to push a hand cart, with a maximum weight of 100 lbs.
- Skills in planning and organizing and training
- Excellent in verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to listen, effectively accomplish task, and speak clearly
Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to job
Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language in order to properly document incidents and activities utilizing Perspective Software.
Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at High Country Motor Lodge.
High Country Motor Lodge Leaders and Guides believe each guest (internal and external) should be treated with respect, kindness and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at High Country Motor Lodge, Guides must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of kindness and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic Guides treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.