posted September 18, 2023
Senior Marketing Manager
Exciting opportunity due to an internal promotion to join our dynamic and growing marketing team for our unique luxury boutique hospitality management company!
Summary of Position:
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for implementing strategies, action plans and special projects to increase revenues on behalf of all entities within the Classic Hotels & Resorts (CH&R) portfolio: Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, Lobby Grill, Aunt Chilada’s, The Scott Resort & Spa, The Canal Club, La Vidorra Spa, High Country Motor Lodge, The General Store, El Chorro Lodge, The Inn at Laguna Beach, Laguna Beach House, La Playa Carmel, Bud’s at La Playa, Hotel Carmel, Brophy’s Tavern, and any other future Classic Hotels & Resorts entities. Execution of these initiatives with the assistance of the Executive Vice President, VP of Marketing & Brand Management, Director of Brand Management, the Marketing and Revenue Management Teams, Directors of Sales & Marketing and/or individual Department Heads and property General Managers.
Essential Functions:On behalf of all Classic Hotels & Resorts entities including, but not limited to, Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, Lobby Grill, Aunt Chilada’s, The Scott Resort & Spa, The Canal Club, La Vidorra Spa, High Country Motor Lodge, The General Store, El Chorro Lodge, The Inn at Laguna Beach, Laguna Beach House, La Playa Carmel, Bud’s at La Playa, Hotel Carmel and Brophy’s Tavern:
- Assist in the creation and implementation of annual and monthly marketing plans.
- Plan, design, and execute all advertising, social media, and public relations campaigns.
- Provide monthly and annual reporting on advertising, social media, and public relations campaigns.
- Assist in the creation of all resort, golf, spa, and restaurant marketing materials.
- Create and maintain accurate website and booking engine content.
- Coordinate all aspects of social media influencer and media visits, including contracts and deliverables.
- Assist with writing and distribution of press releases for special achievements, activities or events.
- Assist with the creation and ordering of all collateral and ensure brand standards are met.
- Support corporate and direct sales efforts with appropriate direct mail, collateral and lead generation.
- Participate in weekly and monthly meetings with Executive Vice President, Revenue Management and Marketing Teams and property-specific Department Leaders to discuss strategies and initiatives to drive demand and increase local and resort guest usage.
- Work with Executive Vice President, VP of Marketing & Brand Management, Director of Brand Management, Directors of Sales & Marketing, General Managers, and operations departments to disseminate and integrate cross marketing opportunities.
- Assist in the execution of a property wide data capture program for re-marketing opportunities.
- Interview appropriate production companies and photographers when needed.
- Assist in the execution of the photography and video shoots when needed.
- Assist in planning, promotion, and coordination of special events including, but not limited to, customer appreciation events, socials, wine tasting, press trips, customer FAM trips and outdoor activities.
- Assist in the execution of media events and promotions.
- Attend functions and/or special events at each hotel if required.
- Assist in managing public relations emergencies at each hotel if required.
- Model Guiding Principles.
- And any other tasks as assigned by the Executive Vice President, VP of Marketing & Brand Management, Director of Brand Management, and/or the General Managers.
Education: College degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum (3) years of experience as a Marketing Manager. Minimum 1-3 years of experience in social media content creation and strategy. Minimum 1-3 years of experience in graphic design. Hospitality marketing experience preferred. Computer proficiency and administratively strong.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Mastery of social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in Canva
- Proficiency in Later (or similar social scheduling tool)
- Creative and graphic design skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Organizational and planning skills
- A good listener
- Must be a team player
- Timely follow-through on tasks
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to memorize and perform company standards
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.