posted September 22, 2023
Assistant Restaurant Manager - Aunt Chilada's
The Aunt Chilada's casual atmosphere and contemporary comfort cuisine makes it one of Phoenix’s favorite places to kick-back and relax!
Summary of Position:
The Assistant Restaurant Manager, in conjunction with the other Aunt Chilada’s Managers, is responsible for coordinating the activities of the restaurant’s staff and to deliver quality product and service to restaurant customers.
- Select, train, direct, schedule, coach and counsel restaurant staff for the efficient operation of the outlet.
- Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings, communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes.
- Assist in all restaurant catering events.
- Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services.
- Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties.
- Answer telephones in a clear voice, coordinate and document reservations.
- Organize special events in the restaurant such as receptions.
- Monitor kitchen areas for food quality and service standards, verifying temperature, appearances and taste of products. Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency.
- Maintain profitability of outlet to support overall hotel operation.
- Control payroll and equipment costs (minimize loss and misuse). Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering, and retrieving supplies, stocking shelves as needed
- Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures.
- Utilize computer to accurately charge customers, create forecast and revenue reports and write correspondence.
- Other functions as necessary, including managing special projects, cleaning, reporting business trends, etc…
- Other tasks as assigned by the Restaurant Manager and General Manager
Education: High School Diploma required. College degree preferred.
Experience: 2 years supervisory food and beverage experience required.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Manager Card and Arizona Alcohol Certification required. CPR certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of food and beverage operations.
- Ability to calculate percentages and use advanced math skills
- Knowledge of scheduling and basic ordering procedures
- Ability to handle a high stress environment, working under pressure
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.