posted September 11, 2023
Human Resources & Accounting Coordinator
Exciting new support role in HR and Accounting at the fantastic High Country Motor Lodge...Flagstaff's newest and coolest destination where wilderness meets wonderful! Gorgeous place, sense of place and fantastic team and company. Join us and experience a HEARTfelt workplace at its best.
Summary of Position:
This position will provide the People / Culture / Accounting and Administrative support needed to drive the performance, morale and efficiency of High Country Motor Lodge, and nurture a positive, productive and evolving workplace on behalf of the General Manager, Assistant GM, Corporate support, and HCML team.
* Assist in the recruitment, onboarding and processing of new hires, terms and other payroll related tasks. This includes all status changes and secondary coding.
* Orientate and enter associates in health insurance benefits/plans and manage invoices based on participation.
* Field questions from associates related to employment, workplace concerns and suggestions, and payroll.
* Facilitate such HR related programs as Recognition, Safety, Compliance training, and certifications required.
* Monitor workplace safety protocols and handle WC incidences and reporting for OSHA purposes.
* Maintain employee and payroll files, including folders, background checks and I9’s
* Engage eligible participants in health benefits and support and promote other company benefits
* Maintains the main vault, issues House Banks and provides change to service staff.
* Requests change orders from Vault Services.
* Conducts monthly House Bank counts.
* Processes the Daily Cash Deposit and reconciles against sales reports daily.
* Monitors cash over/shorts and report to Corporate and Mgt Team daily/weekly.
* Processes Charge Tip and Bqt Tip Reporting and reconciles against sales reports daily.
* Assists with PO’s & AP with GL coding, submitting to Accounting and recording in the Checkbooks.
* Manages and responds to Chargebacks, guest inquiries and vendors as needed.
* Other accounting related tasks as needed.
* Provide support to the General Manager and Assistant GM, as well as other company leaders as needed
Education: High School / GED required; Associates or College Degree preferred but not required
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Experience: Minimum of 2 years in an office / accounting / HR / administrative role; preferably in a hospitality or service environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer experience included but not limited to Microsoft Office/Word/Excel/Powerpoint
- Strong math skills
- Attention to detail / well organized
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language (bi-lingual Spanish speaking preferred)
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at HCML.
HCML leaders and associates believe each guest (internal and external) should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at HCML, associates must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.